Event organized by the Normandy Chair of Excellence for Peace as part of the Normandy Peace Forum
Under the aegis of the leader of the Chair: Antonio Oposa Jr
September 24, 2022 – 2:30 pm to 4 pm
(Guillaume room, Abbaye aux dames, Normandy Region)
At a time when the United Nations Program has issued a report on the need to make peace with Nature, when the United Nations has just voted in two different forums on the right to a healthy environment, the time has come to highlight the need to retain a cross-cultural and cross-generational approach to rights. The Normandy Chair of Excellence for Peace highlights the positive storytelling movement, the evidence preservation petitions, the global youth initiative on climate justice aimed at bringing the case to the international court of justice and the need to protect the rights of environmental defenders. Finally, the need to stop the use of pollutants that endanger the integrity of the climate will be emphasized by international experts.
- Tony Oposa, NPC Leader (Philippines),
- Nicholas Robinson, Chair emeritus CNP, Professor Emeritus of International Environmental Law,
- Elisabeth Haub School of Law, Pace (New York, USA),
- Nicole Ann Ponce, Scientific research NCP,
- Ben Boer, Professor Emeritus of Environmental Law, University of Sydney, Australia,
- Durwood Zaelke, Founder and President of the Institute for Governance and Sustainable Development (Washington, DC and Paris), University of California, Santa Barbara, USA)
Moderator: Émilie Gaillard, General Coordinator of the Normandy Chair for Peace
- Tony OPOSA, Leader de la Chaire d’excellence Normandie pour la paix, Philippines. – Le mouvement des bonnes histoires et le PCN : changer le récit et mobiliser des actions positives.
- Nicholas ROBINSON, Chair emeritus de la Chaire d’excellence Normandie pour la paix, Professeur Emerite de droit international de l’environnement, Elisabeth Haub School of Law, Pace (New York State) – La spécificité de la Chaire d’excellence Normandie pour la paix : un laboratoire d’excellence pour faire la Paix avec la Terre – l’exemple du PEE (Zoom).
- Nicole ANN PONCE, Scientific assistant Normandy Chair for Peace – The I cam Climate Justice movement and the WYCJ initiative: bringing positive and Youth action to the ICJ.
- David BOYD, UN Special Rapporteur on the right to a healthy environment – The historic UNGA resolution adopting the human right to a healthy environment, new pathways for making Peace with the Earth (Zoom)
- Ben BOER, Emeritus professor in Environmental Law, Fellow of the Australian Academy of Law, – Human Rights and the Environmental Rule of Law: protecting environmental defenders, the UNEP
- Durwood ZAELKE, Founder and President Institute for Governance & Sustainable Development, Washington, DC and Paris, University of California, Santa Barbara – The Need for Speed: The Montreal Protocol and fast climate mitigation to cut short-lived super climate pollutants