A webinar organized by Normandy Chair for Peace and World’s Youth for Climate Justice Monday May 22, 2023 – online
Session 1: Timed for Asia and the Pacific
Delhi: 10:30 / Bangkok 12:00 / Tokyo 14:00 / Wellington 17:00 Simultaneous translation in English and French
Register for session 2
Mexico 9:00 / New York 11:00 / Paris (CET) 17:00 / Nairobi 18:00 Simultaneous translation in Arabic, English, French and Spanish
The International Court of Justice (ICJ) has been officially requested (by the UN General Assembly) to render an Advisory Opinion on the obligations of States to protect the climate for current and future generations – and the obligations of States to address the impact of climate change. Join this webinar to find out how to influence government submissions to the ICJ proceedings and ensure a successful and effective outcome to the case.
Co-chairs and speakers include:
- Jule Schnakenberg, Germany. World’s Youth for Climate Justice (WYCJ)
- Scientific Director, Normandy Chair for Peace, Expert on Rights of Future Generations
- Prue Taylor, NZ Centre for Environmental Law;
- Justin Sobion, Trinidad & Tobago. Earth Trusteeship Initiative and WYCJ
- Golriz Ghahraman MP, New Zealand. Green Party Spokesperson for Justice, Human Rights, Foreign Affairs and Refugees
- Nicole Ponce, Philippines.
- Engineer of Research, Normandy Chair for Peace Asia Front Coordinator, World’s Youth for Climate Justice
- Prof Nicholas Robinson, United States. Distinguished Professor of Environmental Law Emeritus, PACE University. Chair Emeritus, Normandy Chair for Peace
- Alyn Ware, Czech Republic. International Rep, Aotearoa Lawyers for Peace, Program Director, World Future Council and World Federalist Movement. Strategic head of NCP support for ICJAO
Event organised by Normandy Chair for Peace and World’s Youth for Climate Justice. This is the 4th webinar in the NCP series on the ICJ climate case.
Co-sponsored by Aotearoa Lawyers for Peace, Basel Peace Office, New Zealand Centre for Environmental Law, World Future Council and World Federalist Movement
The webinar will draw upon the Youth Climate Justice Handbook, prepared for the ICJ case by World’s Youth for Climate Justice and Pacific Island Students Fighting Climate Change.