The CNRS Normandy Chair for Peace invites you to participate in the * NCP Summer School.*
The NCP Summer School will take place from September 1st to 5th, 2022 at the University of Caen (Normandy, France). It will be followed by 1 day of discovery of Normandy and its history on September 6th.
During these days, students from various backgrounds and education levels will gather in Normandy to learn about key issues and initiatives undertaken by the Normandy Chair for Peace, as well as training in science-based policy development and diplomacy. This will cover a wide range of themes regarding climate change, peacekeeping strategies, transitional justice, international environmental law, human security, etc. In parallel with the fundamental knowledge and understanding of key issues that will be offered to the students, they will develop common work, share their stories and therefore be active participants of the workshops, that includes an UN Model on climate peace and human security, on September the 4th. Always having in mind the main idea that : We will have peace on Earth, when will be in peace with the Earth (https://normandychairforpeace.org/ ).
The summer school will count with simultaneous French/English translation.
The NCP intends to share widely on the following topics :
- Day 1: General backgrounds on the historical need to develop Rights of Future Generations
- Day 2: Rights of future generations: from declarations to processes of metamorphosis of Human Rights systems
- Day 3: Restoring justice by making Peace between the Earth and Humans: the need to establish a dialogue with indigenous communities
- Day 4: From the universal scale to the Normandy Region: ensuring the promotion of Peace with the Earth
- Day 5: Model United Nations : Peace, climate, human security and rights of future generations
- Day 6 : Fellowship while seeking a Sense of Place: Discover Normandy – Circuit DDAY: Visit of Sainte-mère l’Eglise, the Normandy beaches, the American cemetery (only for the 30 laureates)
To apply you have to provide a motivation letter (professional experience, academic background, career goals and cross-cultural experiences), send a certificate of level of English and French (B2 level required) and a Curriculum Vitae of 1 page maximum by email to the email@example.com
Application Deadline is on July 7th and the confirmation of the application and scholarship for the laureates on July 10th .