1-4 September 2022
1-6 September for international students
The NCP Summer School will take place from the 1st to the 4th of September 2022 at the University of Caen (Normandy, France). A UN Model Session will be organised for the international students nominated and selected by professors all around the world. It will be followed by a full day of discovery of the history of Normandy Region on September 6th available for the international students only.
During these days, students from various backgrounds will gather in Normandy to learn about key issues and initiatives undertaken by the Normandy Chair for Peace.
The Summer School is also open to university lecturers, researchers, professionals dealing with human rights and environmental law, to national and international officials and NGO members.
It will be an opportunity to deal with a wide range of topics concerning the historical necessity for a law/rights of future generations, climate change, transitional justice, the necessary dialogue with indigenous peoples, international environmental law, human security, etc.
On the 5th of September will be hold a Model United Nations simulation on climate peace and human security, including existential threats. The aim is to experiment how multilateral negotiations take place in order to promote rights of future generations. Two training sessions in Zoom will be provided in August with the coaching of members of the Normandy Chair for Peace for the international students selected.
Based on the main idea that « We will have Peace on Earth when we have Peace with the Earth », the Normandy Chair for Peace intends to share widely with Anglophone and Francophone participants expertise in the areas of future generations law, SDGs and sustainable peace.
The NCP intends to share widely on the following topics :
- Day 1: General background on the historical necessity to develop Laws protecting Future Generations
- Day 2: Rights of future generations: from declarations to processes of metamorphosis of Human Rights systems
- Day 3: Restoring justice by making Peace with the Earth: the necessary dialogue with indigenous people
- Day 4: From the universal scale to the Normandy Region: ensuring the promotion of Peace with the Earth
- Day 5: Model United Nations : Peace, climate, human security and rights of future generations
- Day 6 : DDAY Tour for internationnal students only
- Day 7: Participants Departure
To apply you have to provide a motivation letter (professional experience, academic background, career goals and cross-cultural experiences), send a certificate of level of English and French (B2 level required) and a Curriculum Vitae of 1 page maximum by email to the firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline is on July 7th and the confirmation of the application and scholarship for the laureates on July 10th .
Free application are open, limited to 140 peoples maximum.
Official website : https://ncpsummerschool.sciencesconf.org