1st september 2023
Région Normandie – Abbaye-aux-Dames (Auditorium) (in person and via distance learning)
8:45 am : Welcome of the participants
9:10 am Official opening
- Words of welcome from the institutions supporting the Chair: CNRS, Université Caen Normandie, MRSH
- Welcome by the Chair’s scientific leaders: The process by which the Chair was created and
- its place on the international stage at the heart of fast-growing subjects.
- On-line welcome by the Chair leader: A. OPOSA
- Welcome video message by Prof. N. ROBINSON
- Welcome and general presentation of the Chair by E. GAILLARD
9:30 am 4 years of the Normandy Chair of excellence for peace
F.-X. PIOLLAUD, Vice-President of the Normandy Region, co-founder of the Normandy World Forum for Peace
Stage 1: a research of excellence on innovative & ground-breaking topics
9:45-11:00 am: The dynamics of the legal effectiveness of environmental law
Dir. M. PRIEUR, Ch. BASTIN
- Presentation of the project, constitution of the international teams
- Meetings at the MRSH in Caen.
- Project in France: exchanges with the CESER, several subjects
- Legal indicators and Blue Plan on the Barcelona Convention
- ODD 14 test.
- Projets à l’international
F. CAPDEVON CAPDEVILLE,
L. CHIKAHOUI-MAHDAOUI, Ministre de l’environnement en Tunisie,
A. ARAGÃO, Portugal.
- Welcome of Daniele GALVAO from Sousa Santos, Erasmus internship at the Chair.
- – Presentation of the C. DERANI conference in Santa Catarina (Florianopolis-Brasil).
- Publication of the book in three languages
- Scientific diplomacy work (mailing to permanent missions, deposit in the UN library in New York).
- Reflections on future developments in legal indicators
11:00-11:15 am : Q&A
11:15-11:30 am Coffee break
11:30 AM-1PM : The dynamics of conjunction of the decoloniality of law/rights
Dir. L.M. GUTIERREZ (responsable scientifique ligne justicscientific leader of the transitional justice line), L. CLOUD (scientific leader of the indigenous people line) & E. GAILLARD
- Mission to Colombia February 2020 (guests L. GUTIERREZ, Claudia PINEDA, V. TAFUR).
- COVID => Conversion into webinars and organisation of a series of webinars on
- weaving transitional justice in Colombia (L. BRACONNIER & L.M. GUTIERREZ) => deliverable.
- An attempt to develop PA teaching kits for secondary school students, E. GAILLARD , A. NEVEU, E. FRULEUX..
- Thesis topic formulated by E. Gaillard:
- For a decoloniality of the notion of property to the benefit of Nature (thesis now directed outside the University of Caen).
- Intergenerational dialogues with indigenous peoples : H. COUMANS, L. CLOUD
- Transitional justice and indigenous peoples : Leslie CLOUD
- The participation and then organisation of highlevel events as part of the Permanent Forum of IPs New York- Santiago – New York.
- Summary video: prepared by M. SULTAN, University of Lahore.
- Participation in the commemoration of 100 years in Geneva (UN expert mechanism on IPs), L. CLOUD.
1.00 pm: LUNCH at the Abbaye-auxdames
2.15 – 3.30 pm: The dynamics of the substantial transformation of living organisms- Bioethics
Dir. B. BÉVIÈRE BOYER, A. CAYOL et E. GAILLARD
- > Introductory remarks and continuation of work initiated within the Risks Unit (A. CAYOL and E. GAILLARD) : work
- comparative perspectives on transhumanism and the major concepts of law in the face of transhumanism Mare & Martin. 2020
- Conference Transhumanism in the era of ameliorative medicine, dir. A. CAYOL, B. BEVIERE BOYER & E. GAILLARD
- Transanimalism conference, dir. B. BEVIERE BOYER, A. CAYOL & E. GAILLARD
- Transterre conference, dir. E. GAILLARD, B. BEVIERE BOYER & A. CAYOL
- Conference The environmental dimension of AI with regard to the rights of future generations, dir. B. BEVIERE BOYER, A. CAYOL & E. GAILLARD. Guest C. BYK (President of the UNESCO’s French commission on Bioethics)
- Presentations and video extracts
3:30-3:45 pm: Q&A
3:45 pm: Coffee break
4:00 – 5:00 pm: The dynamics of recognition of animal sentience and animal
Dir. A. QUESNE
- General presentation of the line of research and the legal context
- Review of activities carried out under the patronage of J.-P. COSTA, former President of the European Court of Human Rights (passing on 27 April 2023):
- 23 October 2020, in person at the MRSH: International and multidisciplinary conference « Animal sensitivity: legal approaches and transdisciplinary issues »
- 10 December 2021, distance learning: International and multidisciplinary conference « Which laws/rights for animals? »
- Creation of 2 websites dedicated to the conferences, including videos of all the papers, press articles published on the conferences, etc.
- 9 March 2023: Publication of the proceedings of the first conference, Animal sensitivity. Legal and transdisciplinary approaches, Mare & Martin, preface by J.-P. COSTA
- 22 June 2023: Publication of the Proceedings of the second conference, Which laws/ rights for animals? prefaces by J.-P. Costa and L. Romeiro Dias, MP in the XVth legislature, tabled and rapporteur for the bill to strengthen the fight against animal abuse adopted on 30 November 2021
- Outlooks: 25 May 2023: A. QUESNE is appointed Junior Member of the Institut Universitaire de France to hold the Innovation Chair (2023-2028). This will enable the work initiated and undertaken within the Normandy Chair for Peace to be continued, deepened and developed.
5.00 – 5:30 pm: Environmental ethics for law practitioners
Dir. J. SOHNLE et C. BOURIAU
- Objective of the line of research and link with the message of peace with the Earth
- Presentation of the table of contents
- Works to be published in English, French and Spanish
5:30 – 6:00 pm : The ONE HEALTH approach
Dir. M. PRIEUR
- Presentation of the working group
- Presentation of the draft agreement
- Deliverable and scientific diplomacy actions (sent to OMS delegates).