The Legal Institute of the Faculty of Law of the University of Coimbra (Portugal), in collaboration with the Normandy Chair for Peace, organizes a specialized publication on Research and Innovation LegalResponsible, in English.
Interested parties should express their interest by email to email@example.com communicating:
a) the subject,
(b) the provisional title,
c) a 10-line summary,
d) your CV
The final text in English, with an extension of 10 to 25 pages (bibliography included) must be sent maximum end of november 2022.
Responsible Legal research and Legal Innovation for Sustainability
(provisional table of contents) – Individual contributions +/-15 pages
Part I – Introduction
- What is responsible legal research and legal innovation and what is it for?
- Sustainable Development Goals as a framework for responsible legal research and innovation for sustainability (ReLeRIS)
- The importance of the ReLeRIS in the Anthropocene and the “pandemocene” Era.
Part II – Principles of responsible legal research and legal innovation
Principles concerning the object of research, the methods of research, the types of research, the stakeholders involved in the research and the results of research.
- Pro homine
- Common responsibility
- Differentiated responsibility
- Informed consent
- Data protection
- Equity/gender equality
- Open access and confidentiality
Part III – Risks and opportunities of legal responsible research and innovation
- Risks and opportunities for the researcher
- Risks and opportunities for society
- Risks and opportunities for the economy
- Risks and opportunities for the environment
- Risks and opportunities for health
Part IV – Methods and techniques (from the LRRI indicators )
- Ethical and gender aspects of legal responsible research and innovation
- Procedures and models for public involvement and management of legal responsible research and innovation
- Open access and education for legal science
Part V – Case studies
- Examples of methodologies to clip out the theme in particular research projects
- Examples of methodologies to approach and engage stakeholders in particular research projects
- Examples of result disclosure methodologies in particular research projects